Thursday, July 4, 2024

Rise and Walk!

 "Which is easier, to say, ‘Your sins are forgiven,’ or to say, ‘Rise and walk’? 
But that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins, 
He then said to the paralytic, “Rise, pick up your stretcher, and go home.” 
MATTHEW 9 : 5-6


Lord Jesus, the Father has given You all the power and authority over all things in the world and beyond. Thank You so much for looking after our welfare with mercy and compassion each day of our lives. 

Like the paralytic in today's gospel, I am in dire need of Your healing grace O Lord. Heal me O Lord from all forms of paralysis in my life that prevents me from rising up and moving about to experiences Your fullness. I am weak but in Your strength I take courage to walk toward the path and journey that You have set before me. Forgive me Lord of my sins and make me whole again.

Indeed there is a need to address the root cause of the problem that paralyzes us. It may be caused by our own personal position and ambition. In a very special way, I pray for all our politicians and government leaders that they may exercise the power You have given them to uplift the lives of the poor and needy and not for their own personal gain and enrichment.

As always O Lord, I draw my strength, courage, and confidence in You. All glory and praise are Yours now and forever!

With much love and full of praise and thanskgiving, I pray. Amen.



Published:
July 06, 2023, 9:01 AM