Wednesday, December 26, 2012

THE HOLY SPIRIT WILL TEACH YOU WHAT TO SAY

"When they bring you before the synagogues and the rulers and the authorities, 
do not worry about how or what you are to speak in your defense, 
or what you are to say; 
for the Holy Spirit will teach you in that very hour 
what you ought to say" 
LUKE 12:11-12

And all spoke well of him, and wondered at the gracious words which proceeded out of his mouth; and they said, "Is not this Joseph's son?" (Lk 12:22)

The Lord gives a warning, "Beware of men; for they will deliver you up to councils, and flog you in their synagogues, and you will be dragged before governors and kings for my sake, to bear testimony before them and the Gentiles" (Mt. 10:17-18).

In following the Lord, there will always be persecutions. Why? Because people sees you as different from everyone else. They expect that your godly pursuit makes you holy and unblemished. Their eyes are set on you like lions waiting to devour its prey. Once your guard is down, they will attack and destroy you.

Such evil intent of men can only be countered by the Power of the Holy Spirit. As the Lord says, "When they deliver you up, do not be anxious how you are to speak or what you are to say; for what you are to say will be given to you in that hour; for it is not you who speak, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you" (Mt. 10:19-20).

In times when people seek to destroy your reputation and discredit your good works, do not trust your own instincts nor retaliate in haste but wait and pray for the power of the Holy Spirit that dwells within you. For sure, God who is above all will vindicate all the good things you have done in His Name for His greater glory and praise.

Three years have passed since I got persecuted in the council of church leaders that I headed for almost a decade. I did not retaliate in any of the false accusations hurled against me knowing and believing that the Lord whom I serve will vindicate me. He did so with much power and might!

Lord, I can only look back with much gratefulness and thanksgiving in my heart for all the good things you have done. You have manifested the awesome powers of your Most Holy Spirit in me, giving me a life that is full and complete. May you always be with me forever. In Jesus Name, I pray. Amen.

Entries: 1/6/11-12:27PM